3/28/16

Runner's Kitchen







Masigla Smoothie PHP 160
"Kale + Mango + Pineapple"

Spicy Tuna Quinoa Roll PHP 295
"A low carb roll for sushi lovers! Raw tuna, cucumber, mango, sriracha aioli, coconut cream, and ginger soy reduction"
* Gluten free, Dairy-free, Nut-free
I ordered the Masigla for myself, one of their best selling smoothies according to our waitress. The kale didn't overpower the fruits and the smoothie went well with the dishes we ordered. Another popular one is the Matalas - a blend of banana, espresso, and chocolate cashew milk, although I'm not much of a coffee drinker. The Matipuno's description (banana, peanut butter, cacao nibs, cashew milk) slightly reminded me of my favorite beverage from The Wholesome Table, the Be Worthy (I get serious cravings of this) - a reason for me to revisit and give it a try. A cheaper alternative to the overpriced 380 peso Be Worthy smoothie perhaps?

Anyone who likes sushi and spicy tuna needs to try the Spicy Tuna Quinoa Roll! Probably my favorite among the dishes we tried. I tend to order spicy tuna sashimi instead of maki in Jap restos just because there's no rice (Japanese rice is my weakness and I try to eat it only in moderation), now I can go to Runner's Kitchen and chow down a full order of this sushi roll and have zero regrets afterwards.

Matatag Juice PHP 145"Cucumber + Pineapple + Beets"

Two thumbs up from my tita.
Stir-fried Veggies & Quinoa Bowl PHP 330
"Squash, sitaw, cranberries, cashew nuts and grass-fed sirloin on top of quinoa. Savory, sweet and meaty. The best type of vegetable dish if you don't like vegetables much but know you need to eat more of them."
* Gluten-free, Dairy-free

Gourmet Tuyo and Tomato Pasta PHP 300
"Tuyo lovers, this is for you. So simple yet comforting!"
A hearty and filling meal on its own with its fair share of protein, carbohydrates and vegetables. The tangy cloves of garlic were a big plus in the Stir-fried Veggies & Quinoa Bowl.

The Gourmet Tuyo and Tomato Pasta is a safe choice and exactly what you'd expect from the name and description. It's light on the tummy because of the whole wheat spaghetti.

Paprika Prawns PHP 410
"Pan-seared prawns, red radish, crispy basil and spinach with sun-dried tomato yogurt."
*Gluten-free, Nut-free
Best eaten when you mix the black rice, crispy basil and spinach, and sun-dried tomato yogurt all together. The different textures compliment each other nicely and deliciously. The prawns were quite small but there were four pieces in the dish.

Black Rice Arroz Caldo PHP 230
"Hearty chicken porridge, slow cooked the old fashioned way. No MSG added. Heavy enough to share so you can order your own appetizer or salad. And some dessert after."
Guilt-free organic chicken arroz caldo! Tasty high-carb comfort food without the bloat.


Coco Sugar Cheesecake with Strawberry Compote PHP 250
"Rich cheese cake with warm fruits on top. Sometimes we do strawberries, sometimes we do peaches."
* Nut-free
So good. Lighter than your average Western cheesecake and more similar in texture to the Japanese version. I'd order this over and over again.

I'm definitely going to come back for the Spicy Tuna Quinoa Roll and the Coco Sugar Cheesecake, I already know I'll be craving for those soon enough. And of course to try the rest of the items on the menu! I'm eyeing the Matipuno smoothie and Artichoke & Kesong Puti Sandwich for my next visit.


Runner's Kitchen
Address: Unit 2, Creekside Square, 74 Tomas Morato Ave, Quezon City (location is on waze)
Instagram: @runnerskitchenph
Telephone No.: 415-6870
Operating Hours: 
Mondays to Fridays 10 AM - 10 PM
Saturdays & Sundays 10 AM - 11 PM
* WiFi Available

No comments:

Post a Comment