12/19/12

The Cake Club • Take III

The waiter recommended the Smoked Salmon Benedict, Mediterranean Eggs, Homemade Corned Beef Stuffed Blinis and Stuffed French Toast.
Their brunch is only available from 9 am to 3 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.



Grande Reserve (Regular) PHP 120

Chilled Mango Juice PHP 100

Homemade Corned Beef Stuffed Blinis PHP 325
"Creamy scrambled eggs, Swiss cheese, caramelized onions, whole-grain mustard sauce, vine ripe tomatoes"

The scrambled eggs were really fluffy and a bit runny which is just the way I like them. The corned beef was delicious, not the cheap kind that you would get out of a canned one in the supermarket. I like how the mustard also really complimented everything else. It's a simple but yummy dish I'd love to start my day with every morning.


Truffle Fries PHP 180
"Sea salt flakes, garlic mayonnaise or ketchup"

Smoked Salmon Benedict PHP 345
"Whole wheat and quinoa pancakes, olive oil cooked asparagus, hollandaise sauce"

I liked everything about this dish except for the whole wheat quinoa pancakes that they used. The bread had the texture of a stiff muffin which I didn't enjoy at all. I was expecting something like an english muffin, slightly crunchy on the outside but chewy inside. It kind of ruined the entire thing for me, although my mom really enjoyed it and loved the pancakes. I guess it all depends on your preference?

A perfectly poached egg - plus points for them!



Check out my previous posts on The Cake Club here and here


The Cake Club
Address: UG/F North East Building, Bonifacio High Street Central, 7th Ave. cor 29th St., Taguig (the building is across the street from where 7th High and Kabisera is located; the restaurant is beside Beso)
Telephone No.: 528-3000, 621-3176

2 comments:

  1. The food looks amazing! I love your blog :)

    I've nominated you for Liebster Award.
    http://wanischas.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete