11/3/13

October '13 Favorites

This October I've included a few more steps into my skincare routine that I've really been enjoying so let's kick things off with those bits first! I've been on the look out for a good toner for awhile now and I think I may have found the one - Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion. It leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and clean but not tight or too stripping at all. The next product is something I have never been consistent with since I was a kid and that's sunblock. I haven't realized the importance of sunblock until recently and figured it was about time to incorporate that into my skincare. I wanted something affordable and at the same time performs well so when I saw Vivianna from Vivianna Does Makeup recommend the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ in one of her YouTube videos, it went straight to my list and I've been loving it. It's exactly what it claims to be on the bottle; ultra sheer, dry touch, ultra light, and moisturizing too. The last for skincare is the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil and I've been indulging my skin with a few drops of this every night since I got it.

Out of all the beauty products I bought in Singapore I think the Smashbox Photo Matte Anti-Shine is the best and also my top favorite for the month of October. I have combination skin and living in a tropical country makes me oily throughout the day to the point that I have to blot every once in awhile and carry a powder with me at all times. Ever since I started using this I find that I don't need to blot at all, at the most only once a day. Mind you, this was tested in Singapore's heat with me walking around Orchard Road all day from the moment I left the hotel before lunch time and got back around 10 pm. My primer's partner in crime from keeping my face shine free all day is Make Up Forever's HD Powder. Smashbox for my t-zone and Make Up Forever lightly dusted at the rest of my face.

Aside from using NYX Blush in Taupe as a bronzer I've been loving sweeping this all over my eye lids even more this month. In every eye makeup look I wore this month, Taupe was there. For lips I've been reaching out for my Topshop Lips in Beehive the most, a pretty everyday color. If my nails weren't bare, I was wearing Topshop Nails in Tidal.

What were your favorites last month?

12 comments:

  1. The Mario Badescu toner was on my favourites this month too, it's a beautiful product isn't it? I love that lipstick too, will have to keep my eye out for that

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so nice! Topshop actually has a good selection of lipsticks, I'm really liking 'The Damned' right now

      Delete
  2. I haven't thought of using Taupe as an eyeshadow but I think I'll try that! I love the Josie Maran argan oil but it's so hard to get a hold of where I live :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you should give it a try! I personally think it looks lovely. I was lucky enough that it was in stock in Singapore because it isn't available at all in the Philippines! I originally wanted the light version since I have combination / oily skin but the original isn't as heavy as I thought it would be :)

      Delete
  3. This Topshop lipstick looks just amazing! xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously wore it almost everyday last month over my Nuxe lip balm!

      Delete
  4. I might try that Neutrogena sunblock! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good!! Not heavy at all and it smells nice too, let me know how you like it :)

      Delete
  5. These are such lovely favourites! I've been absolutely dying to try some make up from Topshop but always forget to have a look when I'm there! I've heard so many great things about it! That lipstick looks such a lovely shade.

    Great post, just found your blog, new follower :)

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Topshop lipstick!! You're the cutest, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I will definitely need to try that primer. I think it's always handy to have a super-mattifying one! The Mario Badescu cucumber lotion sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice! I'm so curious about the Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion! I'm still on the hunt for an HG toner, and this is soooo going to my to-buy list. hehe.. I'm currently trying out Ziaja Phytoaktiv Face Toner. So far, so good feels like water but don't know if it has done something on my skin. BTW, How much is it if bought locally? I saw on the Nordstrom website it's around Php 700 but I'm sure it costs more here in Phils.

    ReplyDelete